Thread: New room flag: mvdrain

Default New room flag: mvdrain

'As you rest in this room, you can feel it slowly sapping your strength,
    and you lose all will to move. You're so tired...'

I'd love to throw that into a room description and have it mean
    that the room will slowly suck you dry of moves as you sit there.

We have 1hp rooms. We have no spell rooms. Why not one that you'll need
    to cast refresh in if you stand in it too long? Would add game flavor, and
    it wouldn't generally be anything more than a slight 'inconvenience' (unless
    you forget to refresh, step out into a pk situation, and have no moves to
    flee with hehehehe)
    Last edited by Tynian; March 18th, 2011 at 09:50 AM.
    -=SuicideMage=-

"Post quick-reply? I'm sorry, I am just completely incapable..."

I really like this idea for some reason. Those without refresh can either recall out or quaff a refresh potion.

...and you're going to be very hard pressed to find someone without refresh. Muggles are incredibly decreasingly popular. When dmg gear was all that mattered and spells other than rift barely hit for anything (before int/wis changes) muggles were somewhat more common because you could still hold into combat with a caster. Now? If they have int/wis set, you can swing demo, so can they...as well as their spells...

...but yeah. Almost everyone in the game has refresh. Hence why it'd more just be an 'Oh. Wow. my moves are getting drained. Look at that...', stand, c refr, back to xp.
    -=SuicideMage=-

Is there any idea Bels has that Rhysling doesn't immediately second? Conspiracy theory anyone???

That being said, yah this isn't a bad idea. Could be really useful for zone-builders trying to make difficult high-level eq or puzzle zones.

it could give you some storyline options

I think you'll stand a lot better chance with this if you could say, "I have this zone I'm writing (it's already been approved) and it would really help if I had this flag" instead of "someone could maybe use this someday."

hehe, you know thor, you have a point and I can honestly say that out of like 6 or 7 similar requests for out of the ordinary stuff I was basically granted all of them except two and one was just a connection to a place in the world that has no mortal access so I can understand that. but yeah bels tynian and toku are the bomb to work with on this stuff once you're knee deep in a zone and speaking as a gambler I'd bet they code something for you in no time if you asked.

I got an area approved once. I've rewritten the first 5-10 rooms at least a dozen times over the 8 years since. If I get around to actually writing an area, first off, I'm probly gonna have to write it first, and give Toku all the details and crap later.

Second, just because I'm not writing areas and needing it coded for my own project, doesn't make it a bad idea. Nor should that be the only reason these types of things are suggested. That seems a little limiting on the creation and suggestion process, don't you think?

Besides, if I wanted to be taken 'seriously', I'd have someone else post the ideas. I know nobody listens to what I say, lol :P
    -=SuicideMage=-