Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobmaster Wager

Default Mobmaster Wager

Examples

Maximum wager = 20 xp per lvl

25 mobmaster wager 500
    this is a bet, ... I bet 500 exp I can complete a random level 25 mobmaster. If it is completed then the character receives 500exp, if it is failed then the character looses 500exp.

50 mobmaster wager 1000
    I bet 1000 exp I can complete a random lvl 50 mobmastery.

75 mobmaster wager 1500
    I bet 1500 exp I can complete a random lvl 75 mobmastery.

Minimum wager = 10 exp per level

25 mobmaster wager 250

50 mobmaster wager 500

75 mobmaster wager 750

Limitations

A mobmastery wager cannot be placed at a level above what the character has achieved in general mobmastery.

A failed mobmastery wager would result in a tic penalty similar to that of a failed mobmaster.

Why Implement this Idea?

Mobmaster is my favorite automated quest. It serves the required purpose of breaking up the monotony of exp. Unfortunately you can only complete each level of mastery once. This would create additional mobmastery excitement where risk is equivalent to reward.
    Last edited by Tynian; March 7th, 2011 at 06:01 PM.

Hmmm... I kinda like it. Although, being a bard, I'd say it could not be used to count towards mobmasteries, or else I'd just do nothing more than level 2 mobmasteries to get my skill level up.

Change the name of it to something other than mobmastery. Call it a mob rundown or something. But I really do like the idea.

Love this and the numbers seem fair to me, especially since you are subject to losing the full xp amount.

100% agree on the "Why Implement" statement.

Cool idea Morg - probably needs some tweaking for bard chars so it can't be "abused", but otherwise I'd be all for it. MM's are a nice automated quest module so expanding it seems like a quality idea all around from where I'm sittin'

I think it's a neat idea. It sounds like the mob version of LQs.

110% support. Maybe call it 'wagerhunt'? Heh. No, that sounds stupid...

So, hold on, I still have something good for this. Addressing both the 'bard mobm' and HOW to tie it to mobmastery, whatever you actually want to NAME it...require that your mobm level MUST be greater than/equal to the level you are trying to do for the wager. Thus, if you want to 'mobmaster wager 15 bid 150' (which is my suggested syntax for this... 'mobmaster wager <level> bid <xpbid>' so it keeps better congruence with the rest of the game) you MUST reach at LEAST mobmastery 15.

This ALSO gives people who are at mobm 80+ a chance to have fun with it hunting down the mobs one at a time for a personal wagers for their own entertainment when they're stuck on a section at the higher levels, or are like Lins, and have hit mobm 122 and how much farther can they go :P

Extension: Give it it's own point system for tracking (huntsmaster) so that it's totally is different from basic mobmastery, that should be all is needed to keep it from allowing bards to use it for anything beyond the xp factor...and gives us another point ranking to compete on globally within the mini-quest generation.
    -=SuicideMage=-

"Post quick-reply? I'm sorry, I am just completely incapable..."

Yeah belsambar, this is what I'm talking about. Because right now my MM is bouncing between some pretty tough mobs like myrrhine, dreammaster, and scar (i' m not sure this one is possible). I was thinking it would be nice if i could go back and hit a few level 50 mobmasters to get my confidence back up ...

I also find myself wishing that there were more alternative ways to exp (like mobmaster), because exp can get pretty boring. I'm here to have fun!

-Morgaine
    Last edited by morgaine; February 25th, 2011 at 04:40 PM.

And mobmasteries are NOT necessarily easy...but they are a HELL of a lot more fun of a way to xp....

And I'm with Morg on the 'tag a couple 50's for my confidence'...mobm 81 sucks. I hate Triton warriors, and I'm not a fish, so I don't move the same under water...

...maybe I should drag them up to the surface. That is like the -only- thing I haven't tried, is kiting them up to the air and fighting them OUT of water...

Something to think on. I know they shouldn't be so hard to kill by mob level, I fight stuff that size for xp all the time now.
    -=SuicideMage=-

The dreaded triton warrior MM. The big issue with them is that they retrieve their swords practically instantly, If i was a mage I might try to darken/disarm jump sunlight and grab the sword. A couple times i brought someone down with me just to grab the weapon but in the end I think it was a mystic mob or guido that got me past the 80/82 levels.

well. if your retrieve is good, there's a way to retrieve it before they do and still be armed. At any rate, it's more that they hit me far more than other mobs do. Someone suggested it had to do with coding for sahuaghin to move better in water than other races, and I can believe it. If so, need to take them to air to even the score and balance out the bonuses and negatives between you and the mob.
    -=SuicideMage=-

I like this idea!
    Lord of the Crimson Sun
    http://lycron.com

Sounds like fun. Always down with something new for the rankings.

I dunno, there'd have to be limits to wagers or something. I just see people re-doing mobmaster 50 or something - levels that in my opinion are super easy to get.

I agree with Anduin. There are certain levels where the number of mobs is more limited and therefore much easier to complete. I really like the idea but I see it being abused. Thoughts on how this might be avoided?

Oh, I deviously hid away the limits in the "limitations section". Also i tried to base the limits so people could have some flexibility on the level they choose and the amount they want to wager. If the limitations seem too low/high, then they could be adjusted. Maybe it would be easier to keep it at a set amount for each level, maybe the minimum end of 10 exp per mobmaster level, or even the current mombmaster reward for such levels. I ranged it 10-20 because I thought that +20 brought it closer to how much experience we currently get from a mobmaster, but maybe people would like to risk less. Since the risk = the reward I don't see a lot of room for abuse. I mean you can't really resign here, the penalty is too steep so you have to go get that mob no matter where it takes you in the realm.

Also, whats the difference between people redoing lvl 50 mobmasters and people exping from 10-30 in livinglands, or 40-50 in plantation? 200 exp a kill and 100+ mobs to the repop..... experience isn't necessarily difficult. I would like to see more options to make experience different from time to time.

-Morgaine

Quote Originally Posted by KailtheAncient View Post
    I agree with Anduin. There are certain levels where the number of mobs is more limited and therefore much easier to complete. I really like the idea but I see it being abused. Thoughts on how this might be avoided?
    You did a much better job of explaining this issue then anduin did. To avoid this I would suggest a mob level range. I mean, right now you do mobmaster level 50 and you only get the mobs that meet the mobmaster level 50 requirements.

For a mobmastery wager at level 50, maybe it would include all mobs that fall in the 40-50 level range. This would increased the spread of mobs and insure that the character is actively traveling the realm and not honing in on a level that exists only in a few places.

-Morgaine

first: Mobm levels do not coincide directly with eff level. Mobm 81's con 'laughs mercilessly' to Bel at eff 45 (and have for a while....con gets screwy from eff 38+, I swear...)

Second: 500-1000 xp for any given mob, at level 50, as per your example, doesn't seem like a terribly lot of xp...now, yes, I get that it can make things a little overtly easy, so, two ways I see to fix this...

Alteration 1: You do not choose you level. You choose a wager between 10-20xp, and the level is chosen randomly, from mobm1 all the way up to whatever your current mobm level is. That way you're still doing mobm's, and getting xp from them, but you do not get to pick your target level and focus in on making it too terribly easy on yourself.

Alteration 2: Putting a timer on it. If you can only do it once every 10 minutes, you're not going to be doing ONLY mobm's for levels...and if you are, it's gonna be a while.

I like my first alteration idea more than the second. I'm still developing an opinion on whether you should be able to do this if you're waiting for mobm ticks. Would be a nice alternative of something to do while I can't do a mobm, but it should have some tick element to it on it's own right. Maybe just work the same way (You have 15 ticks before you can wager any experience on your skills...) and have it be it's own tick count seperate from mobm itself. Thus, if you suck, and failed both (resigned both), it's possible to be waiting for ticks on both....also prevents ("I don't like this" resign/rewager) behavior...and keeping the ticks seperately counted means that if you failed because your mobm 85 whooped your butt...you can do a wager or two to get that feeling back into the 'I can do this' area heh...

As it stands...most people don't get to mobm's until higher levels anyway (I remember being told I was an idiot for working through my mobm's early and wasting an easy way to level away high level OM levels and the like)...this might make people feel more comfortable with burning those up a little earlier because they can wager and use it for lesser chunks out of their xping later. I'd be 110% in support of this, because you know what? I've been xping off the same mobs with people since eff 35. I'm going batty killing the same mobs over and over and over...and at this point, I get less and less xp from them per level. This would allow me to get a quick couple hundred or 1-3k until I get something I can't do, don't know...or it might only net me 300xp and then I have to wait...and if I really want to xp, have to go back to xping...but at least I got to do something DIFFERENT for a bit...
    -=SuicideMage=-

I'm liking Alteration 1: Random Level Chosen.

I like that alteration. Otherwise, you could try to break it into tiers and make timers based on that (gotta wait 50 ticks before you can do another level 55-70 or whatever numbers get chosen - numbers not concrete, just throwing the possibility out there).

I hope this doesnt get too complicated... And I would go with belsamabrs alteration one but limit the cap to whatever level you wagered.... if you wager level 50 it could be anywehere from level 1 to level 50 etc...