Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adjust the debt rate.

Default Adjust the debt rate.

Somewhere along the lines of many many years the debt rate has gotten out of control. I remember killing many players before needing to go bribe, today you make 8 justified attacks and you have lost 90-95% of your bounty price. (isn't that sort of crazy?) You go bribe and it only costs 5k to bring it back up to max. With the size and strength of player lvl 50 hunters, (I should know I just got two rounded by one), debt should be more controllable.

I suggest having the bounty price drop slower, and then cost more to pay off. It used to be this way ....

As it stands I feel like I can't fight a PC in planned combat anymore because I attack someone, chase em a few times and then Im immediately in bounty range. Any mage can quickly portal to mok, any lvl 10 can sit there with gold to send hunters. I mean sure I can quiet magistrate but someone can quiet or pull the clerk as well. Not to mention how dangerous it can be to step into the magistrates office with low debt...

-Morgaine
    Last edited by Tynian; March 7th, 2011 at 09:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by morgaine View Post
    I suggest having the bounty price drop slower, and then cost more to pay off. It used to be this way ....
    I have avoided messing with bounty hunter-related code, so I thought your statement was interesting.

I compared the fee calculation code from current code with 1997. The calculation is identical.

Maybe I don't know what Im talking about then. LOL. But I really truly feel like bounty drops way faster then it used to.... too fast anyway. I also remember going up to mok often and bribing 50k+ at a time, now I barely ever need to do more then 5 or 10. I'm not sure if chr has anything to do with this.

Maybe the real difference is that now Im worried about my debt being in the 500k range, and in the past i wasn't worried until it was in the 50k range.

I guess my point still remainsn though, that the bulk of our bounty price drops off immediately. Too fast, in my oppinion... when hunters are capable of doing 500dmg per round. (I should add that my sanct had just dropped when he did that 500 dmg, but not all characters have the spell and walk around sanct 100% of the time.) Still seems unbalanced that in one fight if you chase someone 6 or 7 times your debt will be reduced from 5.3mil to 270k. (also with perm just)
    Last edited by morgaine; February 24th, 2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: addition

I want to point out that I think it's a little crazy to lose debt for GETTING attacked still. I have chars that have gotten hunters sent after them without being aggressive for years...yet someone aggros ME 3-4 times (or more) and suddenly my debt is low enough I've got a bounty hunter, despite being a pacifist and not chasing anyone to re-aggro.
    -=SuicideMage=-

"Post quick-reply? I'm sorry, I am just completely incapable..."

Default debt

I had a feeling the debt system changed a bit too. I did a little research and I think the difference is not in the debt system itself, but in the justified department. I could be wrong, but I noticed if I attack someone and then they attack me I never get a just on them. Perhaps there was a change or there is a bug where justifieds are not being awarded the same as in the past. If all justs reset after combat, then this would explain why your debt would drop faster because each attack would count as a full new attack. Maybe.

Yeah I think Ink is right. I've noticed the same thing. It used to be if you hit someone and fled then that person chased you and hit you then you'd get a just on them. Also I have noticed if you initiate on someone and end up having to chase them then each attack you make costs as much debt as the very first attack, which is also new.

...that makes me wonder if it's at all related to the issue Fzoul had, where everyone in game was just on him for some reason...
    -=SuicideMage=-

Quote Originally Posted by Belsambar View Post
    ...that makes me wonder if it's at all related to the issue Fzoul had, where everyone in game was just on him for some reason...
    Which he still hasn't bug posted. *hint*hint*

Blog Entries

I'll wait the full 7 days before closing this, but I'm not going to go messing with the debt code in version 4. There's a good chance of totally messing things up, and for no long-term gain, since I'll be re-writing PvP for version 5.

Ok, thanks.

I'm wondering if there's not some confusion about bug posting. We've move ideas completely to forums....do you still post bugs in game? Do you post them on forums?

A goodly number of us still try to find a god+ directly with issues because half the time what some of us think is a bug, is then told to us is a code change, or the way it works now, deal with it...so you might not want to post it as a bug until you're sure sure about it being a bug...heh.
    -=SuicideMage=-

Not to change topic altogether, but I personally post anything I think is a bug. If I find something that seems a bit odd to me and I can recreate said odd happening 3 or 4 times, I bug post it. The only thing which might be nice (not sure how much God+ staff can do this) would be some follow-up with the poster - even if it's just a quick personal note post so that the bug poster knows what's going on with it.

As far as this goes though, I've noticed some strange things with debt too, how it seems to change faster. Maybe it DOES have more to do with a different just system/chr changes or something. It does seem to drop more than it used to though (and at strange times, sometimes without any obvious explanation).

I'm wondering if there's not some confusion about bug posting. We've move ideas completely to forums....do you still post bugs in game?
    Yes, bugs are still posted in game.

Not so much what I meant, it was rhetorical, but the clarification is still good, thanks Toku!
    -=SuicideMage=-

tynian is rewriting pvp for version 5.....

I'm curious what that means too...
    -=SuicideMage=-

There are lots of things I'm curious about for V5....has anyone heard a possible timeline yet? (chuckle)

I'm curious what that means too...
    Hopefully nothing too drastic.

I bet it will be drastic. I wouldn't be surprised to see PK optional.

^ that's exactly what I'm worried about. I don't want to quit! But I have faith in Tyn not doing it. Who knows? He might improve it by going back to the old just system and getting rid of pacifists etc.