Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: make mob corpses last longer

Default make mob corpses last longer

Alright so I've noticed (as I'm sure all of you have) how very quickly mob corpses just poof, whereas character ones last a while. I assume this was originally done so as to avoid crashes with a ton of mob corpses everywhere - but now, everyone butchers or sacrifices them so no one can find out where they are.

I think mob corpses should last as long as character ones. It sucks when you've killed a big mob and are trying to get a bag of it, only to have it poof when you finally get back to a shaman. Also - necroport pretty much never works because it takes a few ticks for it to be useable on a corpse, and in a couple more ticks it's poofed.

I was tentative about posting this idea when I know Tyn is so busy coding other stuff - but I think this would be really easy to code and would be really useful.
    Last edited by Tynian; February 23rd, 2011 at 09:16 AM.

I'm assuming there would be no coding to do, probably just change a detail in the current code. Since a corpses shelf life was set before necroport was around, I'd say this makes sense. Necroport spheres would
    become more valuable too since they would be a more viable method of escaping norecall zones for others.

^ yeah exactly, spheres for clerics too, so it'd benefit them too. Would give non-mages the chance to explore with a bit more security. GOOD IDEA ANDUIN.

Blog Entries

*nods in agreement*

-

Agree with this idea

pretty much.

Sounds good.

I support this idea.

I approve. I see no reason why they should disintegrate as quickly as they do.
    -=SuicideMage=-

"Post quick-reply? I'm sorry, I am just completely incapable..."

I agree with this, but one thing I'd like to add is a higher chance of getting diseased the older the corpse gets. Especially when it finally falls apart into dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhysling View Post
    I agree with this, but one thing I'd like to add is a higher chance of getting diseased the older the corpse gets. Especially when it finally falls apart into dust.
    Oooo...I like this. That would be neat.

This would add a whole new PK tactic. You could drop a lot of corpses into a room (even a safe room) trying to get people sick. This would be an especially nice weapon against people who like to sit AFK/W.
    Last edited by Thor; February 14th, 2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: wanted to add more

Agree with original and second idea!

I second the second idea, because I already seconded the first....or am I thirding the second idea...
    -=SuicideMage=-

Yah good idea, tho I'd tweak it and say maybe mob corpses last longer...but not quite as long as pc corpses. Only cuz pc corpses last for hours and hours.....I think mob corpses lasting 30mins or so should be sufficient? Locating for corpses is one of the primary ways a pk'er finds that xp'er to attack, if mob corpses from 4 hours ago are showing up it's going to get somewhat harder to find people, trip their alarms and fail summon.....

Oh I didn't know pc ones lasted that long to be honest. I dunno about 30 mins just in case you're doing a big zone, let's say an hour?

There have been incidents (documented) in which a PC corpse freakishly lasted for 7 hours.

The first time I went to 4th floor Master's with Noctus and he ended up dying (after Volkov and Aries came and pk'd me and left without even knowing he was there) Noct's corpse was there for at least an hour for the first round of recovery, then I logged for about 2 hours, and then there was another hour or two to the mad dash when I got a second group together to try to beat Dalaran and Kain to the corpse.

Of course, the really really annoying ones are when the corpse is sitting there, on the ground, completely unrecoverable (my first non pk absolute corpse loss as Bel was from locking my eff 21-ish corpse in top of lighthouse...that corpse was there for at least 4 hours of Tigers, Coven, and Conclave being unable to do anything about it, if not 6.
    -=SuicideMage=-

I really like thor's addition to this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylor View Post
    I really like thor's addition to this idea.
    Thanks, but it wasn't my idea. Rhysling posted it. I was just commenting on it.

So.....corpses last an hour and cause disease? Anyone NOT like this idea? Way to go Anduin!