View RSS Feed

Tynian

Spell Items, Racial Stats, and Hit Points

Rate this Entry
I have been concerned about area-loaded spell objects. As long timers may remember, I prefer that class-specific spells be used by the classes the spells are designed for, and the number of spell objects has grown dramatically over time. As such, it is my intention to limit the number of these items that are available from areas. While I believe that spell objects should be available, Id prefer that random items primarily fill the primary role. Unfortunately, my limited items change made these items more available, but Ill fix that up.

I am going to be updating racial minimum and maximum stats. This change will have obvious ramifications for new characters created after the change, but also for existing characters. You might find that a stat that used to be MAX is now trainable, or vice versa.

Hit points, mana and moves will be migrated from the current system. At this time, HP, mana and move gains are determined at the point a character levels. In the future, these values will be calculated based dynamically on your levels and stats.

Submit "Spell Items, Racial Stats, and Hit Points" to Digg Submit "Spell Items, Racial Stats, and Hit Points" to del.icio.us Submit "Spell Items, Racial Stats, and Hit Points" to StumbleUpon Submit "Spell Items, Racial Stats, and Hit Points" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Version 5

Comments

We all kind of knew this was going to happen my only question is when stats change say Hel dex goes down from 19 to 18. Will I have to wear more Dex to be MAX or as a older char will my dex be the same and I might have to train something else to get it to max?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cresom
    We all kind of knew this was going to happen my only question is when stats change say Hel dex goes down from 19 to 18. Will I have to wear more Dex to be MAX or as a older char will my dex be the same and I might have to train something else to get it to max?
    Good question. Your stats will not change, so if HEL dex goes from max of 19 to 18, your dex is still 19.

If HEL str goes from 9 to 10, and you were previously at max, it'll be trainable.
    Nice so that helps older players kind of. Though looking back I wish I would have wore luck eq while leveling well all of OM and all of thief=P but that is my fault no one elses.

I had to edit because i said wouldn't have went i meant would
    Updated May 31st, 2014 at 11:39 AM by Cresom
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynian
    Good question. Your stats will not change, so if HEL dex goes from max of 19 to 18, your dex is still 19.

If HEL str goes from 9 to 10, and you were previously at max, it'll be trainable.

So, could there perhaps be some way for older chars who are now at level 50 to be able to gain trains so they can have a chance to train these new trainable stats? Some of us older characters stopped wearing luck while leveling when we hit our MAX stats, so don't have a bunch of extra trains........
    Quote Originally Posted by Strad
    So, could there perhaps be some way for older chars who are now at level 50 to be able to gain trains so they can have a chance to train these new trainable stats?
    No. But I'm also not resetting max stats for those whose stats will be above max post-change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynian
    No. But I'm also not resetting max stats for those whose stats will be above max post-change.
    So, if under the new change a character had a maxed stat where the racial has changed, and the effectiveness of the stat in question has changed, does that mean my stats moved when they 'weren't supposed to'?

Specifically, my ogre warshammy previously had 575kg carryable as a shaman prime (and been that way since the character's roll in 2003) due to 21 natural str, as of the recent change, she has 500kg carryable.

So...is this due to conflicting shifts with the min/max changes, and is this something that will fix itself when the caps are shifted to 25 across the board, or do you just want me to shush and wait to see until then to see if it corrects itself or not?

On a different note, I love the new changes. I believe the dynamic hp/mana calculation is going to be good for the game, as well as helping older chars be more playable. I have always been for setting the caps up to 25 because then it really does make it more of a playstyle choice for secondary bonuses from 'hidden' stats of the class, rather than just str/dex (since dmg output is all anyone ever cares about)

I'm sorry if this is not very cohesive, trying to cook and string thoughts together simultaneously here :P

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: