View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. inching forward ever so slowly into the future

Hey hey!,

The third quest is ready to go, just need to upload it for someone's review. Now thinking bout a 4th quest...

The area proceeds along as well as can be expected. RL is getting more interesting .. my team lead is leaving next week for a new job and is just about dancing out the door... forget dancing .. its more like leaping and jumping and laughing and chortling .. They claim they have someone coming in to replace him and that is going to be interesting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. In search of the 65 hour day ....

Greetings,

Well, the search for the 65 hour day continues although not with a lot of success... Tried cloning myself and that didn't work too well. I kept demanding a pay raise from myself, that went poorly ... so that experiment ended.
    The new area has gone through another revision design-wise and looks to be a much better layout... well at least from my perspective
    I have also modified the design a bit so its NOT mage centric like some people believe it will be. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I was wrong about 48 hour days .. I need 65!!

Greetings!

life has become so much more exciting the last month or so..... the number of people leaving my work place has grown to over 40. So RL is getting very, very, very busy as you can probably guess....

The Area (nbr 2 ) proceeds slowly with more of the 'left behind' stuff recreated/ rewritten. Its getting there bit by bit and maybe at some point, I'll be mailing off some stuff to Tokugawa and Tamar for their consideration!!! *after V5 is in place* ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 48 hours .. I need a 48 hour day... really :)

Greetings!

I have figured out that I need a 48 hour day just to keep up with everything I want to do. Keep up .. not catch up ... Catching up will require hmmm a 168 hour day .. or two .. or 37 ..

Had a set back on the new area (nbr 2 .. for those of you who are counting ) ... did a bunch of work on it during the 2 week vacation and left my notes there. So, I am working on recreating those. Have put together another quest (nbr 3 for those of you who are counting) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Winding Road to Nowhere

I’ll admit that summer isn't the best time for me to get things accomplished. Too many things to do, people to see, places to go and so on. I have just about finished up the core parts of what I've been working with on the New Player Experience. There’s some minor cleanup to do and some quests to write up but the hard parts are all done.

The philosophy is to get away from all of the ‘look here’, ‘read this sign’, ‘read the newbie book’ and ‘read this help file’ stuff to get them ...
    Categories
    v5