View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. I'd have a life except for this work thing

Hi,

Work has reared its ugly head again with more demands on my time. I tried to dodge the incoming pile of work but to no avail.

The good news is that I can slip away from work for a couple of days at the end of the month while on vacation!! Yes, taking a few days off to regain my sanity (no comments about that or lack of , thank you very much ) I will be out of town and not concerned with them work things for a few days. Which means I can put some ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Protocols! Protocols Everywhere!

The next update from me will bring us into the era of 2002-ish! Yay! There are a lot of features in the various mud clients out there that we have not made great use of over the years. The biggest of this is the out of band protocols that let the mud send and trigger actions inside of the different mud clients. Why bother!, you must be saying to yourself, Id rather have a fancy new spell or feature!. Well, you might be right but Ive gone with it anyway! Mwahaha!

The implementation ...
    Tags: mspd, mxp, protocols Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    v5
  3. Feature Preview - Item Changes

I should soon be ready to test some changes to items. Rather than just the testers be "in the know," I figured I would let everyone know what to expect soon.

All items are linked to a "template" that loads as part of an area. When an individual item is created, many of the properties of the item is copied from the template to the individual item. One thing that was not copied to an individual item was its (magical) affects. Instead, the template was consulted for any affects included ...
    Categories
    Version 5
  4. What Happened to Version 5, and What Happens Now?

At the end of 2010, I boldly announced that I was working on Version 5. I put many hours into Version 5 at the end of 2010 and for much of 2011. Then my life got busy, and I never really got back to Version 5 in earnest, although Natilena continued working on it over the next couple of years.

I started developing Version 5 as its own standalone project because I had big changes planned. In addition, I had the time and motivation to hammer out code. Version 5 development was supposed ...

Updated April 28th, 2014 at 08:13 AM by Tynian

Categories
    Version 5
  5. 20 YEARS, BABY!

March 2014 marks the 20th year since TFC's debut in 1994. That, my friends, is an amazingly long time. What's even more surprising than TFC's longevity is that we still have active players from so many years ago. I don't know if anyone is left from the very beginning, but certainly there are several of you that started playing TFC when the year was 19-something... and who still play today. I'm not sure how many other games have such an enduring player base, but I know that there are no other ...
    Tags: 20 years Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized