View RSS Feed

Natilena

1. Happy New Year!

Wow, October since I last posted. Well I guess I never promised REGULAR updates! The time leading up to the winter holidays always tends to be overly busy, I'll blame that.

It's been over a year now since v5 was announced and work is still ongoing. Quite a bit of small stuff has already been completed and lots of design work done. In a lot of ways v5 has become smaller over this past year. We’ve taken certain features and set them aside for a later update because there were ...
    Categories
    Questy Goodness , STUFF! , v5
  2. Progress is a Shiny and Golden Happy Thing!

First, I've noticed this blog thing doesn't seem to be overly interactive! If you have thoughts on my thoughts feel free to let me know!

Busy this week slaving for Bliss for her quest, not really too much else going on!

Finally a breakthrough on some of the troubles I was having with integrating Lua. The trouble was mostly that script files weren't loading but there was no clue as to where or why or even how they were failing. With a little more research I figured ...
    Categories
    v5 , Questy Goodness
  3. Dear Diary, I dreamed a funny dream last night....

What would the world look like if there were no more followings? Is our God/Follower system woefully out of date for today's gameplay? I've always felt our God/Follower system has defined both us (the community) and how the game has developed over time. It’s one of the core parts of our gameplay and something that makes us special. As a newbie, my following kept me interested and helped me learn. As I grew, my following were my friends and a reason to look forward to logging in. Followings ...
    Categories
    Pondering
  4. Black Cats pelted by cheese from the sky are not usually hungry...

I’ve been struggling with what to post mostly because I don’t have that much to report. RL has been awfully busy lately but I have made some progress with my Lua adventure. While I still admit to having more errors than I have scrollback, a little secret about me, I don’t mind fixing compiler errors. In fact I kind of enjoy it! Chasing bugs can sometimes make you a little crazy but code that doesn’t compile? There’s always a nice clean reason for it, you just have give it some patient looking ...
    Categories
    v5 , STUFF!
  5. Glorious bits of string cheese from the sky...

While it’s been quite an eventful week I certainly haven't been productive, and the week is almost over! I managed to do a proof of concept on my quest idea; the code already supports what I need it to do so looks this project shall move forward. Oh yeah and the creative... hrm... aha! I’ve recruited Cordir to help, what this means is the quest might actually happen sometime before next year. She’s an asset and has helped bring these ideas of mine to fruition many times now. Which is good ...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast