View RSS Feed

Natilena

1. Summer-end Fun

The summer is almost gone now. I've been putting along with my various projects but in reality I just don't have as much time during the summer months as I would like. Maybe that isn't quite true because it seems I can really move my rear when I get a funny idea into my head!

I hope this weekend's quest will be fun and interesting. I'm actually more scared that it will be either too easy or too hard, these things are hard to balance. The design of it I think is awesome, it makes ...
    Categories
    Pondering , Questy Goodness
  2. A Visit to Camp Tolanrael

We only have player averages back to 1998 but it is still interesting sometimes to look at the progression. This player loss is something all muds are experiencing, not special to TFC for certain but we’ve always been a smaller player base so it hurts a little worse I think. What I find most interesting is that the past couple years activity has been moving back up rather than continuing to bleed. 2010 was our lowest year while 2011 has been the highest average activity since 2006. 2010 was ...
    Categories
    Pondering , v5 , Newbies
  3. Hey Ladies!! Get Funky

I’ve enjoyed being back in the rhythm of coding again and working towards getting v5 finally done. I have mostly been working on the ancillary features so far and am pleased with the progress.

We now have 2 lua script spaces integrated with v5, per character and mudwide. I’ve leaned heavily on the knowledge of the mudbytes.com community as well as Nick Gammon (of MushClient fame) in doing this and I appreciate their willingness to share. Our quest system is a variation ...

Updated May 7th, 2012 at 07:29 PM by Natilena (forgot my legal stuff!! good heavens!)

Categories
    v5 , Questy Goodness
  4. Don't play with your Lua at the table...

I never really "learned" Lua as a programming language. I just sat down one day and decided to write stuff in it. I read a few tutorials on the internet about the basics, look at some code examples and off I went! While this method kinda works it does cause me some headaches here and there because I can get tripped up at the most simple of problems.

I was playing with a function to load an object or item into a room but nothing was keeping track of how many there were ...
    Categories
    v5
  5. Elf [ Greater Goddess ] Natilena. Bug fixes or v5.

I'd love to sit down here and tell you all of the wonderful progress thats made on v5 and how great its been going. All I've got to report is that I've dealt with a heck of a lot of Administrative issues in the past few months. Not everyone was happy with the decisions but I doubt that there is anyone unhappier with the situation than myself.

My heart hasn't really be in it lately. Too much of the bad bringing me down I suppose. Hopefully now we can get past it and move on. I will ...

Updated April 20th, 2012 at 10:07 AM by Natilena

Categories
    Pondering , v5 , Crime & Punishment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast