View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. 20 YEARS, BABY!

March 2014 marks the 20th year since TFC's debut in 1994. That, my friends, is an amazingly long time. What's even more surprising than TFC's longevity is that we still have active players from so many years ago. I don't know if anyone is left from the very beginning, but certainly there are several of you that started playing TFC when the year was 19-something... and who still play today. I'm not sure how many other games have such an enduring player base, but I know that there are no other ...
    Tags: 20 years Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Death by Real Life

Over the past few months, my Clark Kent job has taken a turn for the crazy. Five vacant positions in my section has meant me putting in a ton of extra hours to keep things afloat. As a result, my time within TFC has been predictably very limited. I'm still weeks away from that situation being resolved.

In the meantime, I've taken some time to do operating system and software updates on the development and "live" servers. The web server software required configuration changes to ...

Updated December 8th, 2013 at 01:19 PM by Tynian

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Long Winding Roads

Greetings, loyal players... and the rest of you, too!

I really should leave the comedy to the professionals. But, hey, why should I let that stop me?

So... I am here to confess. I have not worked much on version 5 over the past few months. Real life has kept me quite busy. In addition to family time, I've been putting in a lot of extra hours at my Clark Kent job.

I have not been feeling it creatively, either.

Fortunately, we are blessed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Bitter Sweet Defeat

Cecil's followers killed Cron'Tor recently. I offer my congratulations to them! It was quite a feat, and Cron'Tor has created quite a few corpses over the past few days. All those lifeless bodies bring a smile to my face. The organized groups also brought a smile to my face. You stood up to the challenge.

At the same time, I am disappointed that Cron'Tor wasn't quite the challenge I had hoped he would be. After reviewing the log of the fight, I see that he didn't exactly meet ...

Updated December 1st, 2012 at 12:10 PM by Tynian

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pulling the Plug

The big Borlan quest has ended with a fizzle. It went on too long and I should have pulled the plug on it sooner.

The quest had a back story, which would adapt based on who participated and other particulars. For example, the question of whether Mish would continue her campaign against Lexie would depend in part on what Lexie said and did. Same with Wish and the bankers. I had a few contingencies planned, based on certain events. Given that it was the evil followings that pitched ...

Updated April 23rd, 2012 at 07:30 AM by Tynian

Categories
    Uncategorized