Blog Comments

I looooooove the new potion code tweaks. Super awesome, and I've been having a blast with it...
    I really like the new changes. Thank you, Tynian!
    It wasn't terribly over exaggerated DC, I have seen exactly such disparagements :P
    I think there should be SOME differences between the characters' mana to individualize them, but yeah...
    not this business of one char having 600+ mana and the next have 300 or so. (Maybe that's overly
    exaggerated, but you get the point *smile*)
    I like the idea and the reasons are all so true. Even as far back as 1995 .. yeah I started Boromir then .... mana gains were elusive. it tended to be very frustrating at times. You have perfect eq .. and get 4 14 8 .. while someone else who is just rolling alone with whatever eq they have found .. gets 20 17 19...

Yeah, I like this change
    Love the game and yes it is going to put on hold some of the trades and voucher uses but I love the changes makes the game almost new. Which is the only thing that will make people come back. for the record I have a uber set and will make the changes work with my eq
    Hi,

I like the changes being rolled in as they are coded, tested and vetted. I think it adds anticipation to the game with people wondering what's coming up next.

It definitely has my interest!

Thanks Tynian!

Boromir
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynian
    No. But I'm also not resetting max stats for those whose stats will be above max post-change.
    So, if under the new change a character had a maxed stat where the racial has changed, and the effectiveness of the stat in question has changed, does that mean my stats moved when they 'weren't supposed to'?

Specifically, my ogre warshammy previously had 575kg carryable as a shaman prime (and been that way since the character's roll in 2003) due to 21 natural str, as of the recent change, she has 500kg carryable.

So...is this due to conflicting shifts with the min/max changes, and is this something that will fix itself when the caps are shifted to 25 across the board, or do you just want me to shush and wait to see until then to see if it corrects itself or not?

On a different note, I love the new changes. I believe the dynamic hp/mana calculation is going to be good for the game, as well as helping older chars be more playable. I have always been for setting the caps up to 25 because then it really does make it more of a playstyle choice for secondary bonuses from 'hidden' stats of the class, rather than just str/dex (since dmg output is all anyone ever cares about)

I'm sorry if this is not very cohesive, trying to cook and string thoughts together simultaneously here :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Strad
    So, could there perhaps be some way for older chars who are now at level 50 to be able to gain trains so they can have a chance to train these new trainable stats?
    No. But I'm also not resetting max stats for those whose stats will be above max post-change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynian
    Good question. Your stats will not change, so if HEL dex goes from max of 19 to 18, your dex is still 19.

If HEL str goes from 9 to 10, and you were previously at max, it'll be trainable.

So, could there perhaps be some way for older chars who are now at level 50 to be able to gain trains so they can have a chance to train these new trainable stats? Some of us older characters stopped wearing luck while leveling when we hit our MAX stats, so don't have a bunch of extra trains........
    Nice so that helps older players kind of. Though looking back I wish I would have wore luck eq while leveling well all of OM and all of thief=P but that is my fault no one elses.

I had to edit because i said wouldn't have went i meant would
    Updated May 31st, 2014 at 12:39 PM by Cresom
    Quote Originally Posted by Cresom
    We all kind of knew this was going to happen my only question is when stats change say Hel dex goes down from 19 to 18. Will I have to wear more Dex to be MAX or as a older char will my dex be the same and I might have to train something else to get it to max?
    Good question. Your stats will not change, so if HEL dex goes from max of 19 to 18, your dex is still 19.

If HEL str goes from 9 to 10, and you were previously at max, it'll be trainable.
    We all kind of knew this was going to happen my only question is when stats change say Hel dex goes down from 19 to 18. Will I have to wear more Dex to be MAX or as a older char will my dex be the same and I might have to train something else to get it to max?
    I like this. Where is my like button?
    Awesome
    Thanks for the preview!
    That should really allow some interesting affects on all types of items. cool !
    This all sounds really great, I'm excited to see what the item changes bring to the game.
    Sounds like a great plan to me!! Rock on!!
    Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this (and Nati too!). I look forward to the changes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast