PDA

View Full Version : New Player Kits

Rhysling
August 24th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I've decided to put together some packs with which to outfit new players (or anyone that needs some basics for a corpse retrieval).
I'm going to try and put together at least one kit a day. And most of this will be limited to what I can get my hands on at the time.
My question is: What would be best to put into these kits? Remember, space is at premium, and these are either saddlebags, egg casings, or whatever I can get at the time.

My list so far includes:
2 Fly Potions or Pills
1 Light (Probably a Warbanner from Midgaard or a ball of light at a pinch)
2 Refresh Potions/Vials/Pills
1 Weight 1 Boat (sapphire droplet ring or the big leaf. Are there any others?)
1 Water Skin (full, and thanks to Vale and Cremini for suggesting it)
1 Comprehend/Tongues potion
2 Recall Potions (I'm hoping to fill this slot with the Embalming Fluid, which is heal and recall)
1 Pass Door Potion or Pill

Feel free to respond here, send me a tell/private message, or post a note. And thanks for any help or advice you might give.

-Rhysling

Rhysling
August 24th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I was thinking about throwing in a weapon, but there's almost always a weapon in the pit and it'll take up space which could be used for something more important.

Aoide
August 24th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I think this is a great idea. A few suggestions/questions/possible issues:

-I would include a second bag. While it would be nice to keep this all in a bag, that then eliminates the free bag space the little character has for stashing randoms or food.
-If the light can't be a warbanner, I'd leave it out...only because new characters start with a light that is no worse than a ball of light.
-Embalming fluid is wonderful but also purges. So that leads to the next question...
-Have you considered how many to make at a time? The pit is an obvious place for these, but perhaps not the only option. Also, while one might not be enough, it will do little good to make 10 and then have the fluid purge or a reboot empty the pit and poof! I was thinking one a day or three a week or something...if you even need that many.

I am happy to help collect items or carry one on me to pass out, etc etc. Anything to help each other out is a positive in my book. Bards unite!

Rhysling
August 24th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I figure I'll keep a couple on me and distribute the rest as I make them. The purging of the embalming fluid is a good point. I might just have to stick with shimmering vials.
The second bag is a good point as well.