PDA

View Full Version : well i am done

Gertrude
September 26th, 2009, 12:27 AM
this game is to hard for me after my third re eqing and retard death I am never going to get good enuff at this game to be anything but fodder.

Corri was the only one who would help with the most basic of instructions on how to play.

I met a few people whom I very much enjoyed, and will miss.

I wish you all well

Gertrude

Gertrude
September 28th, 2009, 12:50 PM
maybe I am just caught in to moment but

it is a game and I get frutrated.

As far as I know in the time I have been playing I am the only one to go from 1 to 50
a few others are close but they seem to have alot more experiance then I do.

I do not have other friends that play I played briefly 10 or more years ago not very experianced then either but there were many more that would help out and i had a few friends that played. and the game was alot more self explainitory then as well.

there is no way a brand new player will stay. eq is to hard to come by

there is really no intuative way to find out what stuff does.

there isnt really a way to play where you can get away from the relentless attacks from vastly superior players. that leave you with months of reeqing. I was in Demon Relam and mas is on me in a matter of 5 min of logging in.

the game is very much slanted towards Evil even more so UA mages.

there is no penelty for pking save a few gold

I believe there is an segment of people that want to keep the game small and chase away new players.

I realize this is free and the developers are donating there time and they can run as they see fit. but to grow the game I would think would be rewarding to them as well

my 2 cents

Asher
September 28th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Then come back, then quit again, then come back again, its a cycle, sometimes others seem to last longer

My 2 Canadian pennies

Rincewind
October 13th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I went through the same thing many times, in the end all that matters is this....

If you value the friends and fun then keep at it, acheiving a good set is not the only goal, it's actually not even a good goal.

Anduin
December 15th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I went through the same thing many times, in the end all that matters is this....

If you value the friends and fun then keep at it, acheiving a good set is not the only goal, it's actually not even a good goal.

I just thought this should be bolded, well said man.

Belsambar
December 16th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Don't worry, it's ebb and flow. Mas's set isn't really THAT superior, he's just a relentless little weasel. Hell, I've been a favorite target of some of the game's most ridiculous sets....you want to talk about being grossly overmatched, I was 23/20 getting hunted by Vex with his Uber set...constantly...

...but you know what? Now, I look back on those days....and I miss them...

...besides, at some point or another, we ALL do something completely moronic...some of us just more than others (yes, I'm looking in the mirror as I say this)

Argo
January 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Don't worry, it's ebb and flow. Mas's set isn't really THAT superior, he's just a relentless little weasel. Hell, I've been a favorite target of some of the game's most ridiculous sets....you want to talk about being grossly overmatched, I was 23/20 getting hunted by Vex with his Uber set...constantly...

I spent a day or 10 in Kuroth spamming k bel. =P I think most of us did it for the spectacular reaction. Vex was a nice guy and a good player, but let's be honest here - he had a massive stockpile of potions and a macro/trigger list that could wrap the planet like a snuggie and have enough left to cradle the moon (same goes for my beloved Orpik). If you want to talk about ridiculous sets, think Stouthbound. If you want to talk about ridiculous skills, think Mael. So the question here is, what do you get when you combine Stouthbound AND Mael? Well ladies and gentleman, that'd be Valo...alright alright I'm clearly not serious (and I never do tire of kicking that guy, even after all these years, hehe).

To the original poster - when the going gets tough, you can always take the conclave approach, "DOMINATION VIA TRIGGAHS!" -- If all else fails, pull an Orpik and compulsively click your refresh button on the newspage, spend lots of time in the guild area in the fetal position!

Tenko
July 21st, 2010, 09:59 AM
OMG Gertrude! I had been wondering what happened to you. As a new player you made me feel welcome and I appreciated your helpfulness. I think of you often and wonder how you're doing. I'm not sure how long I'll even make it in TFC. It *is* hard, it takes *forever* to level, Soon as I get gear that I like, someone comes along and takes it from me. I tell my other mudding friends that TFC is a brutal, harsh environment and not for the weak-hearted. But, I can honestly say that after each time when my chars are pkd, I get a little more thick-skinned, but it still hurts! Thanks for taking the time to help me all those many times. Hope you'll pop in sometime to say hi at least! ~Sincerely Dalycia/Gisele

Kylor
October 5th, 2010, 06:51 PM
How come back in the day everyone used to die and they'd always come back. Now when people quit it's like they really mean it.... Man, I want everyone to know that I will always be back no matter how many times I get killed and pissed and take a break, I'll always come back.

eldric
December 18th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I'm waiting.. where are you?