PDA

View Full Version : info

Gertrude
February 4th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I have been playing since december and i played abit along time ago.

I am not sure how to set up my character and there seems to be very little info on this.

what are max stat 'hrmm depends' is the answer i get

what are the maximum stats you can pump too such as 28 str or 20 str
this seems to be dependant on class some are easy to see some are more difficult to figure out.

where can i get this info as well as anyother info.

Gertrude

Azeworai
February 4th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Ask a really smart person!!

if i was mortal i would share my info!! but im not! i think piter might know my secrets..... befor i left to imm hood...... but still im the smartest!

Gertrude
February 4th, 2009, 09:33 PM
that seems to be the answer but why is it so hard to gain that kowledge

Azeworai
February 4th, 2009, 10:37 PM
so hard to get its because the old chars take the info to the grave.... i had to watch and learn from vex and them to figure out my stats and i taught a few people the ins and outs.... its just hard to get the right answer from different people... coz its all in theory

Ylang
February 5th, 2009, 12:44 AM
The best most people do is figure most of their stats out for their own characters, with a lot of experimenting, hints from others, and some implied conclusions from how their FLIs dress them.

Because it depends on both class and race, it is very hard to give general answers, even if you know them, which most people don't really.

For example, here are my rule-of-thumb guesses. Wear more con until you don't regen more hp sleeping, and then remove the last point of con you added. Ditto int/mana. Dex and str are easy to figure out from how many items and how much weight you can carry. You'll get a hint about wis both from spell power and from how many pracs you get when you level, but again, this depends on your class. Luck is harder to figure out, but you can assume several points above 'extraordinarily lucky' is the least you need. And that's before we even get to the merits of DA, MR, dmg, svs and hr, how they interact, and how much of each is worth wearing. Typically, only those with enough gear to get close to the limits have any idea, and I've seen them discuss the finer details for hours, without coming to an agreement.

It has always been a principle of TFC that you don't know your exact stats, nor what exactly you need to wear. It's a matter of guessing, luck, experience and long familiarity with your chosen race/class. That's just one of the ways in which TFC is challenging.

Hiro
February 5th, 2009, 01:22 PM
It has always been a principle of TFC that you don't know your exact stats, nor what exactly you need to wear.

No it hasnt. Stats were available at level 30 back in 2.0... or may have been 1.0.

Dont get old.

Hiro
Absentminded Procurator of the Nashite Magi

Azeworai
February 5th, 2009, 05:06 PM
AHhahaha i have made perfect char's coz i know how to get my numbers by addin and subtractin.... its not easy but it can be done...... i remember when i deleteme as a 30-19-3 rofl and i came back with a decent stat setup and i ended with max everyting.....

Ylang
February 5th, 2009, 05:59 PM
No it hasnt. Stats were available at level 30 back in 2.0... or may have been 1.0.

Well, true. But it's been an early differentiator of TFC.

Dont get old.

I'll never get old. *smiles sweetly*

its not easy but it can be done

That's the point. But you need to work it out for yourself, your own race, and your own class(es), as you did. You'll notice my method will work adequately for the major levelling stats, for all characters. Being specific beyond that is not only hard to do in a general post, but would be against the spirit of the game, in the same way that me publishing all my maps would be frowned on by the immortals. That's stuff you learn in-game, and usually on your own with considerable effort.

Azeworai
February 6th, 2009, 05:01 PM
only gods are frowned apon for posting information.... so post what u will where u will when u will...... from what i read in the imm rules... i may be wrong...

Cordir
February 6th, 2009, 05:31 PM
In 1x and 2x, if you were higher than level 20, you could see your stats. As well, if you got to level 30, you could see the specific effects of your spells.

There are some logs on the earliest part of the timeline of Typhon, a level 30 shaman, casting the various Totems and Cloak, and the log includes his Score, showing the specific effects of those abilities.

- Cordir
Mud History Nerd Type Person

Ylang
February 7th, 2009, 01:57 PM
When I returned after a few years hiatus, I mentioned on 'say' that I lost a ton of stuff when my computer got stolen, but I still had an old file full of hand-drawn room-by-room maps of much of the mud.

My FLI suggested I scan them and post them. A god+ must have got the info(s), because they asked that if I do so, I do it only for areas that have been removed from the mud. This seems a reasonable benchmark for what's in the spirit of the game, for immortal and mortal alike. What you can share in-game, in a board note, for example, is one thing. What you need a website for, is probably too much info. Even then, stuff that people are supposed to figure out for themselves (like the Mystic Woods secrets Cordir mentioned), is probably not cool, even on a board note.